Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Golden Scotland

   I am so very content. Today was a great day. Oh, should I mention we are in Scotland now. Just a minor detail. I was really sad to leave England though. The Lake District was magical. I could have stayed there forever. Scotland is pretty great so far too though. Our first stop was in Stirling! Apparently my family tree goes all the way back to Stirling in the 1700s. Fun fact for you. We went to Stirling Castle. This is the last castle we will see while on our trip. Can't say I am too disappointed about that. The view from this castle was gorgeous. The castle was up on a hill looking out over beautiful Scotland. What a welcome to the country, that and the bagpiper that performed. Couldn't ask for a better way to start this last leg of our journey.
   We made our way to our place of residency for the night which is at the University of Sterling campus. It is like a hotel though, and it rocks. We all have our own big room with double sized beds, TV, hot chocolate and wifi. Could not ask for anything better. Anne and I watched the USA take gold in the Women's team gymnastics competition and then we decided to be Olympians ourselves. We made our way to the great facilities they have here (BYU needs to step it up) and went on a run and then did laps in their Olympic sized pool. Now, after watching Michael Phelps become the most decorated Olympian Athlete with another gold, I am sitting in my room, watching P.S. I love You remembering when I was back in Ireland. Oh, how far we have come. 

 Welcome to Scotland.
Sterling Castle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment