Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ten Minutes of Fame

   Finals. Are. Over. Party time! But really, we had pastries provided by our professors to celebrate! I have had so much good food and baked goods on this trip it is crazy. I don't even feel bad about it because we walk everywhere. Speaking of walking, we went to a famous landmark that some famous people walked across. Also known as Abbey Road! There was lots of tourists there as expected. But there were camera crews there too! They are there for Olympic coverage and tourists craziness. One group interviewed us though. It was awesome. The camera was so close in our faces. She asked us about the Beatles and the Olympics (apparently "Hey Jude" is going to be played at the Opening Ceremonies) and then she had us all sing the beginning part of the song. So, if you see a group of American girls singing (a little badly on my part) to the Beatles on some Olympic commercial or during the opening ceremonies you know it is me! Don't judge me on what I said or did! I was a bit hyper after finals to begin with. It was fun to be interviewed though. And funny. Especially when they asked Anne why she liked the Beatles and she was the one who just came along with us because we wanted to see it. Who even knows where that will go. But it was a cool experience. 

    Doctors. That was next on the list. Before the appointment we found a nice park and sat and chatted. It was so fun to just hang out together outside. But back to the Doctors. Anne was having problems with her eye so I was her buddy to go to the appointment. Turns out she got a piece of rust stuck in her eye. Yes, rust. How that happened? We have no idea. I sat in the super posh waiting room listening to British accents and reading some Jane Austen. I was content. Also, she got an eye patch. I hope she puts it on soon. We all were rooting for her to get one!

    Dinner. Have you heard that Indian food is really great in London? Because I have. So we went! I don't know much about Indian food but I just went for it. Half the time I wasn't even sure what I was eating but it was really tasty! After a little bit of shopping we came back to the flat to pack. Yup, we leave London tomorrow. How sad. London really has become my home! I love the city. I must come back. 

 So many good things in the world.
 Abbey Road and Studios.
 The parks here are wonderful.
 Last night dinner at Masala. 
 We explored Harrods too. 
  Bye bye cute Oyster card. Thanks for helping me get around London.

No comments:

Post a Comment