Wednesday, July 4, 2012

In the Motherland for Independence Day

   I am in love. London is the best. I might not come home. My apartment has wood floors and a window facing the street that shows the trees and the people and London life. We have a cute bathroom and beautiful kitchen. It looks like it was recently redone and everything is just so nice, clean and pretty. I don't even mind that I had to lug my suitcases up seven flights including a semi spiral like one. It was worth it. It is perfect. I am living with Anne, Meg and Jessica and our room is big! After we scoped out the flat we immediately started unpacking. No more living out of suitcases! We each have a closet, some drawers and a little night stand. So perfect. The place we are staying is super posh. Their words not mine. Apartments in this neighborhood go for 130 million pounds, you can rent a flat for 200,000 pounds a week. A WEEK. Kensington Palace is a stone throw away so that means William and Kate will be our neighbors soon enough.
   I guess I should talk about what I spent the beginning of my Independence Day doing before moving into the flats. We went to visit Windsor Castle. This is were the Queen and other royalty stay quite often. It was huge! And very ornate and beautiful. You can't take pictures inside but believe me it was very royal.
   We made it to our apartment and I won't bore you with more details about how beautiful it is. I swear I have done that enough. But because today is the 4th of July we decided to have a party. We made Frankfurt's, had fruit platter and very patriotic strawberry's. It was fun to be all together on the first night and to celebrate the American holiday! We sung Proud to be an American and other Patriotic songs at the top of our lungs. And maybe a little Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus. We also watched some firework shows on Youtube so it was an all out traditional 4th of July party! Just study abroad style. 

 Windsor Palace. 
 Our flat.
 My bed by the window!
 Kitchen and bathroom.

 McKenna is such the little homemaker. 
 Food. 
 Singing Star Spangled Banner.
The whole group!

No comments:

Post a Comment