Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Where is Mr. Darcy at?

   Stonehenge was the first stop of the day. It was pretty cool to see because I feel like I have grown up always seeing pictures and then it was like BAM! here I am. The thing about Stonehenge though is they don't know a lot about it and it is just some rocks in the middle of nowhere. You just walk around and take some pictures and call it good. There was an audio tour to go along with it but I am kind of tired of listening to people talk so I thought I would just enjoy the view instead.
   Then we made our way to the land of Jane Austen. I have loved reading Pride and Prejudice but I wouldn't consider myself a huge Jane Austen fan. After learning more about her life I appreciate her work so much more. She never married, she died 41 years old and was not well to do. Seeing this house, watching Becoming Jane, and watching the movie they showed before seeing her house made everything more meaningful. We also practiced writing with a quill. It is very difficult! I could not imagine writing novels with one. I could barely get out a few words. We also watched Sense & Sensibility as well as Pride & Prejudice on the bus today. I pretty much want to go home and read and watch all her works now. It also might have to do with the fact I am in England and love it here. Probably a mixture of all the above. 

   We managed to have some random fun in the rain today too. Playing on the swings in the park, as well as on a rope swing that we probably could have died on. We ran after some sheep, Molly almost jumped over the fence when we were pushing her on the rope swing, and Shayla fell off the teeter totter. We took some pictures on a log and Dr. Dewey walked by as we were doing a model shot. Good timing. A wee bit embarrassing. It was Dr. Eddington's birthday so we wrote, practiced, and performed a birthday rap for him on the bus. We went to an Italian restaurant in which we were the only ones there. Most of us split a pizza and it was divine. All of us seem to have a sweet tooth, we walked 10 minutes in the rain to Tesco for some ice cream. Totally worth it. Good day, good day.

Stonehenge. 

 Jane Austen's house. 
Trying to get to the sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment