Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hey World

   We were are done with Shakespeare so off to the Beatles we go. A three hour drive later and we made it to Liverpool. Our first stop was not Beatles related though, we went to Maritime Museum. Basically, it was a museum about anything and everything relating to the sea. There was a special exhibit about the Titanic. It was pretty fascinating. I really enjoyed going through it and learning about the real facts surrounding the sinking and not just the movie version. (Though, the movie version has a lot of true facts in it.)
   Our group then went to The Beatles Story. Even if you are not a Beatles fan you would enjoy this museum. Not only are the Beatles a music icon but they became a part of the World’s history. There was a part in the museum that talked about "Beatle Mania". They scenes and stories were crazy! The police holding back crazy fans, people crying and screaming and pretty much being insane. Then I realized, it is a lot like Bieber Fever that has be going on these past few years. Not that I am putting Justin Bieber up to the same level as the Beatles because that would be outrageous statement. Just a thought.
   To end the night, we watched the opening ceremonies for the London Summer Olympics. THEY ARE HERE! Everyone as pumped as me? I just love the Olympics. It was fun to watch it with my friends, in a hotel room, in England. I mean, how unique! And during the boring parts (AKA all the teams walking in) we had a toga party! Normal right? What Olympic party wouldn't have a toga ipod dance party in the middle? A boring one at that! But I can say we watched it all, from the beginning with the scenes of the British farmlands to Hey Jude by Paul McCartney. Go World! And by that I mean, go USA. 

Anne and I started off our morning reading.
 Welcome to Liverpool.
 Maritime Museum. 
 The Beatles Story.
Toga ipod dance party. 

No comments:

Post a Comment