Monday, July 2, 2012

Welcome to England!

   I loved today. I adore England. I loved Bath. We were given extra time this morning to soak in every last every few minutes of Wales. And by soak, I mean it literally because it rained and rained. We walked around Cardiff and did some last minute shopping before we said goodbye to Wales. I can’t believe I already have two countries checked off. I feel that I have been gone forever but it also seems to be flying by.
   As we drove to Bath and crossed over into England we watched Becoming Jane on the bus. How appropriate is that? I had never seen it before so it definitely got me in the mood for England! Jane Austin used Bath a lot in her writing so it was a perfect introduction into the city. Bath is so adorable. The streets and shops were great. I just loved the whole vibe of it.  I also had the world’s best cream of chicken soup. Like seriously people. Come to Bath just for the soup. Not that I am an expert on cream of chicken soup or anything but it was amazing. And I probably could be an expert now. Definitely much needed warmth after walking through the rain all day.
   The Roman Baths were pretty neat too. The Roman Baths were a destination spot many years ago for the Romans. Hence the name, Roman Baths. They were a place of worship and of healing. We were given a self-guided audio tour while we explored the whole building. You can’t touch the waters that are there because they are not healthy but at the end of the tour they give you really warm gross water to drink that is filtered bath water. Hopefully it heals us because everyone seems to be falling apart as of late. A lot of the girls have been getting sick. Cross your fingers it doesn’t come to me!
Shopping in Cardiff, Wales.
 Rainy rainy Bath.
 The Roman Baths.
Anne and I shopping in Bath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment