Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Nessie is My New Best Friend


   Lots of riding in the coach today. Scotland is gorgeous though. Rivers, and streams, and waterfalls, and mountains, and valleys and hills and even hairy cows. I just sat out and stared out my window in awe. I kept taking pictures of all the beauty but I mean, they were from the seat of the bus so they don’t look so great. The highlight of the day was our stop at Loch NessWhaa whaa. I am now best friends with Nessie. We were able to go down to the water’s edge and put our hands in, and even skip some rocks. An embarrassing story of the day was that I accidentally hit my professor’s son with a rock in his arm while I was teaching him how to skip rocks. Oops. He was fine though. I promise! We are staying in Inverness tonight, the town in beautiful. Reminds me of Cork out on the water front. And Anne, Meg and I had the best smoked ham chowder. No complaints here. 
 One of the many stops we made on our drive. 
Our first Nessie sighting.
 The beginning of Loch Ness.
 Hey, I am in Scotland.
Loch Ness and fun times with Nessie!

No comments:

Post a Comment