Thursday, June 21, 2012

Road Trip Through Ireland!

     Ireland is so beautiful. I think I have only seen the sky once. Besides that, all clouds. I can handle it though. I am use to it from Oregon. It just doesn't feel like summer. But I am loving the vacation part of it! All the roads are bumpy here in Ireland. It is a good thing I don't get car sick because it can be a constant rollercoaster.
    I think I am cured from jet lag! My method? Don't let yourself sleep when you shouldn't be. No napping! I forced myself to stay awake until at least 8:00pm last night. I slept a good 12 hours and felt rested and ready to go when I woke up this morning. Which was good because we went to Bunratty Castle and cute little village. It was pretty fun! Our trip turned into a mini photoshoot at the castle. Everything is very picturesque here. It is hard not to take 10,000 photos. Even just the tress are fun. I mean, they are trees in Ireland! Why wouldn't you want to take a picture of them. The stores and houses are all so colorful and cute. With bright trims and doors. I hope one day my house can be as pretty. 
   Random things I have learned and noticed about Ireland: When Irish was ruled by England it was deforested for wood for boats. There are rolling hills and it is very green but there aren't very many tall trees. Apparently Ireland use to be a forest but not anymore. Another thing, there are a ton of roundabouts. I don't know why we don't have more in America. They are so efficient! Not stopping for 10 minutes at a stoplight when no one else is around. 
   We drove from Shannon to Dingle today. Lots of people fell asleep but I was too captivated by the scenery to fall asleep. I did not want to miss a thing. I can't even describe how beautiful it is. If you don't know already, the beach is one of my favorite places and a good portion of the drive today was along the west coast of Ireland. It was so beautiful! (How many times do you think I can say something is beautiful in this one post?) We even had to back track 20 minutes or so because of construction but I didn't even care because I could watch the coastline again. I realized that I am such a road trip person. I love them! I am very content just watching the scenery pass by, listening to music and losing myself in my thoughts. When do we ever just get time to think? Especially looking at the beautiful Ireland country side. I soaked it all in!
    I am very lucky to have this opportunity. I am just sitting in my cute little hotel room looking out the window at a gorgeous lake. In Ireland! How did I get so blessed?
 Bunratty village.
 Bunratty castle!
 Inside the banquet hall.
Watch tower.

I would find the kid play castle.
 Ireland coastline.
 Driving from Shannon to Dingle.
Outside our hotel in Dingle.


                                    

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Lisa just got back from France......there are so many beautiful places in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog posts Amber! Makes me feel like I can enjoy it, too. Glad you are having a good time and things are off to a great start. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete