Friday, June 22, 2012

The Irish Ocean!

   You know how yesterday I was thrilled to be driving by the ocean? Well today I got to actually step onto the beach sand! Inch Beach to be exact. It was as cute as the name. Reminded me a lot of the Oregon Coast. Very, very windy. But I loved it. After exploring the beach a bit a few of us sat down in a cute little cafe with windows facing the ocean and wrote post cards. So blissful. 
   I guess we did some other pretty cool things today too. I mean, if you think a fort that is 3000 years old is pretty cool. I mean, you know, I guess. Just kidding, IT WAS AWESOME! And sitting right by the ocean which was spectacular. (This trip is really going to widen my range of synonyms for beautiful.) We walked around it, inside it and all about. We also visited "Beehive Huts" which are really old houses made just of stone. I don't truly understand how they stay up. But the rocks support each other. All I know is I could have never lived in that time period. I am thankful for beds and roofs not made out of stone. It is the simple things in life. 
    After our trip around the coast of Ireland we came back and I had my first real experience with fish and chips. So delicious. We went to an Irish pub to enjoy the whole experience of it. Jessica, Heather, Marie and I also went and found a cute little ice cream shop called Murphy's. We have the night to explore Dingle and do some studying... I guess. Sometimes I forget I am suppose to learn and that this just isn't a vacation. But hey, I am multiple tasking right now and working on homework! 

Dunbeg Fort.
Dingle Peninsula. 
Inch Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment