Monday, May 23, 2011

5 weeks into summer and...

I have traveled 9,664 miles between Provo, Houston, Honolulu and Portland.

I have set 1 country station as a preset in my car radio. I never disliked country per se, I always did enjoy some Rascal Flatts and Lady Antebellum and I never objected when others wanted to listen to it. But I am talking about real country. After my trip to Texas where I was able to listen to country in the country I have enjoyed it so much more.

I have read 7 books. One including Have A Little Faith by Mitch Albom. This is probably one of my most favorite books I have read. But I say that about all of Mitch Albom's books. But if you are looking for a great book I absolutely suggest this one. It makes you think but is a light read which I loved. I read it on the beaches of Hawaii and it was amazing.

I have sent out 16 postcards, 10+ letters, and 2 packages.

I have been asked to be 1 of 2 Lead Staff for camps this summer at OGA. I am very excited about this position. Camps start June 20th and I will be working 9:30-6:30 Monday through Friday. This will be the first time I will work 40 hours a week. Hopefully all the chalk fumes, and sweaty feet smells won't mess with my mind too much.

I went on 1 urban hike in Portland, had 2 picnics outside, and played at 2 parks.

I have subbed 9 classes for people at OGA.

I have seen 1 friend on TV. Brodrick totally rocked that Price is Right stage.

2 comments:

  1. What a great summer, and it hasn't really even begun yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put a country station on your car preset? Ew I'm not getting in it again. No doing that to Guava! haha... but seriously.

    ReplyDelete