Sunday, September 4, 2011

Look how clean our bathroom is! I wonder how that happened.. oh wait. The toilet overflowed. While I was by myself (a rare occurrence in this apartment.) Who even knows what to do in a situation like this?! The toilet water and all its dirties was nearing the brim of the toilet seat while I juggled the plunger and somehow managed to pull the top off the toilet and lift the thing-a-ma-bob up to stop the Willamette river of grossness making a nice pool by our shower. While I had one hand on the plunger and the other one holding up the lever, I contemplated the meaning of life. Ha, not so much. I tried to figure out how I could get the water to stop and hopefully find someone to help. I didn't even know where my phone was! By some miraculous means the water started going down. Apparently I did something right. Who knew I was an novice plumper in my free time? I didn't! By then I had about a 1/3 inch of water covering the floor and only paper towels to clean it up. Thank you apartment mates for all purchasing paper towels. I think I used four whole rolls. I had nothing else to use! We are college students. But luckily by roommates came back to help me out. '

I feel like I was just on an episode of Dirty Jobs. This was definitely a learning experience. Though, when the water began to rise and I was sure this bathroom would be my final resting place, it wasn't too fun. Now I can laugh at it, so I hope you do too!

And I apologize if this is kind of gross. The thing is I kind of keep this blog as a journal, so I feel it was a must to write about.

1 comment: